How Do We Do This?
- Stress starts in the mind when you perceive a situation to be threatening.
- This decision triggers and emotional response and physiological changes in your body.
- Stress is normal. Once the threat has passed, your body steps down from red alert (this is known as fight or flight or the stress response) and rebalances itself.
- If you are experiencing high levels or stress or are stressed for long periods of time then your body cannot step down from the stress
- This leads to a gradual build up of pressure in your body, which if left, can manifest as a set of symptoms and in some cases a
- Research shows most illnesses are caused or exasperated by stress.
What Does Stress Therapy Involve?
Generally six sessions are required. During those sessions you will learn to:
- Relax so that you calm your mind and soothe your body.
- Listen to your body and monitor your unique stress patterns. This means you will know when you are getting stressed and can take action
before you start to feel stressed. We call this biofeedback. By combining relaxation with biofeedback you can unwind the tension
in your body that arises as a by-product of the stress response. This allows you to let go of tension typically found in the back of
your neck, across your shoulders and down your back.
- Proactive stress reduction strategies that help you change the meaning you give to events and improve coping strategies so you feel in control
and you can choose to stop stress at its source.
Please note: Tracy is a Medical Herbalist and a Stress Therapist, not a Doctor. UK law currently classifies medical herbalists as complementary therapists. For the avoidance of doubt, whilst Tracy does support people who may happen to have a medical condition, Tracy does not treat medical conditions.
To find out more about how stress therapy can help you please telephone: 020 7127 4682
Tracy Tutty provides Western Herbal Medicine, Reiki and Stress Therapy on Saturdays at Petter Pharmacy Wellness Clinic in Crouch End.
You can Book Online Here or Telephone 020 7127 4682 to book your appointment today.
Connect with Tracy on Twitter @TracyTutty